- 화학관 6층 330629호실
- (Ph.D.) 2015 Department of Chemistry, Sungkyunkwan University
- (M.S.) 2012 Department of Chemistry, Sungkyunkwan University
- (B.S.) 2010 Department of Chemistry, Sungkyunkwan University
- 2019 – present Assistant Professor, Sungkyunkwan University
- 2019 – 2019 Assistant Professor, UNIST (Ulsan National Institute of Science and Technology)
- 2015 – 2019 Postdoctoral researcher, Max-Planck-Institut fuer Kohlenforschung, Germany (with Prof. Benjamin List)
관심분야 Research Interest
- We are a young and active organic chemistry research group based at Sungkyunkwan University, Republic of Korea. Our research interests span from the invention of new catalytic organic transformations to the design of novel catalysts to uncover previously unexplored pathways. The primary research direction pursued in our group is, to exploit fundamental homogeneous catalysis as a tool for further multidisciplinary and practical applications in the synthesis of biologically relevant molecules, materials science, and biological science.
연구키워드 Research Keyword
- Organic reaction design; Asymmetric synthesis; Organocatalyst; Organometallic catalyst; Synergistic catalysis; Biomimetic catalysis; Chiral pharmaceuticals; Natural product
연구성과 Major Research Achievements
[Patent issued: 20 Jun. 2018]
- Unprecedented hydrophobic amplification in noncovalent organocatalysis "on water": Hydrophobic chiral squaramide catalyzed Michael addition of malonates to nitroalkenes” ACS Catal. 2015, 5, 3613.
[Patent issued: 25 Aug. 2015]
- Organocatalytic enantioselective decarboxylative aldol reaction of malonic acid half thioesters to aldehydes Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2013, 52, 12143.
[Patent issued: 19 Nov. 2014]
수상 Honors / Awards
- Outstanding Scientific Achievement, Max-Planck-Institut fuer Kohlenforschung (2017)
- RESOLV Post-doc Fellowship, German Research Foundation (2016–2017)
- Award for Best Ph.D. Thesis, Korean Chemical Society (2015)
- Valedictorian, SKKU (2015)
- Global. Ph.D. Fellowship, Ministry of Education (2012–2015)