Inspiring Future, Grand Challenge



  • home
  • Resource
  • FAQ


Here are some frequently asked questions by international students or scholars who want to engage with our College. Please do not hesitate to contact us at should you need further support or information which is not available below.



Q1. I am finishing my bachelors overseas, and want to progress to a graduate program at SKKU. How could I be financially supported by the College of Science, or the University?


There are various opportunities by which you can be financially supported. Our suggestion is to find a full-time professor who can be your academic advisor throughout your degree program, and get his/ her recommendation and endorsement, which is the most important requirement for the ‘STEM Scholarship for International Graduate Student’, administered by the Office of International Relations.


At present, most of the international graduate program applicants are highly likely to receive financial aids from the University, provided they are recommended as a scholarship student by advising faculty. Plus, the Brain Korea 21 PLUS fellowship is also available in all departments of the College of Science, thanks to their success in winning the government grant programs. You may also be subsidized by your advisor’s research fund, which is highly dependent on each researcher’s room for support.



Q2. I am a student currently at a foreign university, but would like to know if there is an opportunity to do coursework or research activities at SKKU College of Science as an exchange or visiting student.


The College of Science opens its doors to all international students who want to experience SKKU in the course of pursuing their academic goals. It depends on which program you are going to join and how long you are planning to stay.


Generally, many students come to SKKU Science as exchange students on a semester or yearly basis from our student exchange partners, through the established and valid university-wide and collegiate/departmental student exchange agreement.


Another way is to look into the possibility of laboratory/research internships with our scientists. You can look up some useful information about each of our departments’ research area and individual researcher’s field of focus, and contact them or the College of Science to check the availability and admissibility. The College of Science and each department will be delighted to support you in finding a good match.



Q3. I am interested in degree programs and don't know how and where to contact to get detailed information about admissions.


Unlike many South Korean Universities, the admissions affairs for international students are primarily dealt with not by the Admissions Office, but by the Office of International Student Services (OISS). In other words, the Admissions Office only looks after prospective students who bear the nationality of Republic of Korea no matter where they live at the time of application, whereas the Office of OISS overseas admissions affairs deals with foreign students, or international admissions.


You are advised to visit their webpage for the latest information as the College of Science and each department’s role in the admission process is quite limited in terms of administration, even if all applicants, particularly graduate program applicants, are supposed to be reviewed by each academic discipline.


However, international students are encouraged to contact the college or department in advance to receive some advice or find an academic advisor.


Q4. I need to take the Academic assistance about the SKKU.


If you have any problem about your academic affair, please contact to the Office of Academic Services. The Academic affairs are including the Class, Enrollment certificating document, Registration certificating document, and so on. Except issuing the certification, the more detail affairs are still in charge of the office of each department, or the Office of College of Science. Therefore, if you need more detail information, please contact to the each office first(Biological Science, Mathmatics, Physics, and Chemistry).